Ok, when I heard about 2 ingredient pancakes I thought there was no way humanly possible that these would taste good. But, to my surprise, the banana and egg mixture comes together nicely and forms a fluffy, airy pancake that tastes pretty darn good. So, in an effort to jazz it up a bit I added a few more ingredients (bringing the total to 5) giving this gluten free “faux-pancake” a little more flavor.
This recipe is perfect for brunch and would make a delicious addition to any Mother’s Day menu. (wink wink) And what’s great is that a lot of these items are kitchen staples so you will not need to run out and grab a bunch of random ingredients that you’ll only use once a year. Plus, this recipe is only 220 calories! So, leave the guilt at the door because this Healthyish recipe is the newest way to get your pancake on.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need – Makes 2 medium sized pancakes
1 ripe medium sized banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch cinnamon
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Be sure to spray it with baking spray.
- Next, grab a cereal bowl and mix together the egg, banana, cinnamon, and vanilla. I use a fork because it helps break down the banana.
- Once everything is well blended, gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the pan making two evenly sized pancakes.
- Let them cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.