So, I stumbled upon this recipe probably 7 or 8 years ago and it has become one of my favorite “go to’s” for salads, kabobs, and pretty much anything grilled. This recipe is super simple and has a ton of flavor. Most recently, I used it to finish a southwest salad. (pictured below) The salad had fresh, crispy romaine lettuce, avocado, corn, black beans, and salt and pepper to taste. You could also add some crispy bacon, tomatoes, or even tortilla strips for a little extra texture. But honestly, the cilantro lime dressing gave the salad enough kick to make it come alive. Enjoy!
5 Medium Sized – Juicy Limes
1 Bushel of Cilantro
1 Bushel or Fresh Parsley
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1.5 Tablespoons of Honey
4-6 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Healthyish Cilantro Lime Dressing Instructions: Serves 6 – 8
- Cut and squeeze the juice of 5 medium sized Limes into your blender or vitamix.
- Next, you will add about 3 slices of Jalapeno to the blender. (You can leave the jalapeno out of the recipe or add more, whatever you prefer).
- Add about a half bushel of cilantro (stem free) to the blender.
- Add about a handful of the fresh parsley (stem fee).
- Spoon in 1.5 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard – begin to blend everything together.
- As everything is blending, slowly pour in your olive oil. I am a little heavy handed with the olive oil but that is up to you.
Blend until the mixture is smooth and free of any cilantro / parsley chunks or leaves. This dressing should last about 4 – 5 days sealed in the refrigerator.
Feel free to tweak it to your liking. That’s what makes this recipe so great, you can really make it your own.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.