It wasn’t too long ago when I was first introduced to this dish. My friend Kim invited me and Dan over for dinner and served up this slow-roasted, melt in your mouth salmon. She topped it with citrus, fennel and chilies, and I could not get over how delicious this combination tasted. Even Dan (who is not a huge fish lover) cleaned his plate.
So, today we are going to make this fabulous salmon recipe together. It is very simple and only takes about 15 minutes to prep. Plus, you can bake everything on one sheet tray or in one baking dish which makes cleanup a breeze.
Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serves 3 – 4
Medium sized Sockeye Salmon Fillet
1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 medium sized, ripe lemon
1 medium sized, ripe blood orange
1 small red fresno chile
4 sprigs of dill
¾ cup olive oil (I used sesame oil)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Grab a sheet tray or baking dish and coat it with some olive oil. I also smeared some butter on the bottom of the baking dish to give the fish some added flavor.
- Lay your fish skin side down in the oil coated baking dish. You can also purchase a skinless fillet as well.
- Mix together your thinly sliced fennel, sliced citrus, sliced red chilies, chopped dill, and salt / pepper. Kim used blood orange slices which tasted amazing. I didn’t have any on hand so I skipped this step and it still tasted great. Add the 3/4 cup olive oil to the veggie, citrus mixture. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the fish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Or until the fish is cooked to a medium temperature. You will want to keep an eye on it. The cooking time really depends on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove the fish from the oven and transfer it to a platter. Break off large pieces as you go and be sure to spoon on the oven roasted veggies.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.