Freshly baked cookie cake is a great way to kick of the weekend. And this recipe is insanely good and super simple. With a shortbread like crust and warm chewy center, this cookie cake will give you all the feels. Top it with some organic frosting or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you are in for a real Healthyish treat.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need – Serves 1
1 pouch of bright white cake mix
1 pouch of dark chocolate chips
1 pouch of chocolate frosting
1.5 tablespoons of soft butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- First, you are going to grab your Healthyish Baking Kit. Pull out one pouch of bright white cake mix, one pouch of chocolate chips, one pouch of organic frosting and one unbleached, biodegradable baking cup.
- Next, you will grab a small mixing bowl. (I use a cereal bowl)
- Combine the cake mix and butter. It will look a bit crumbly but that is ok.
- Next, you will add in about half of your dark chocolate chips, reserving the second half for the top once it is baked.
- Then you will want to grab the cookie cake dough and form it into a ball with your hands.
- Once, it’s in a round shape you will grab your paper baking cup. Lightly spray it with cooking spray and they gently press the dough into the bottom of the cup.
- You do not want to press it too hard but just enough so everything sticks together.
*For a chewier center, you will bake it for 14 minutes. I recommend eating it shortly after it comes out of the oven. Top with chocolate frosting or ice cream and enjoy!
*For a more shortbread like texture, bake it for 15 minutes and allow it to cool in the baking cup. This will make the cookie cake a bit more crispy and perfect for dipping into coffee or tea.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.