This simple Healthyish fritter recipe was made with veggie lovers in mind. It is a blend of cabbage, corn, potatoes, kale, and onion. Mix in a small amount of egg and a dusting of flour (to bind), and you are in business. And seeing how this recipe is loaded with powerful nutrients, it makes a great addition to any Healthyish meal plan.
Another great thing about this recipe, is that the fritters can be enjoyed a number of ways. For example, replace your morning slice of toast for a reheated fritter. Top it with a fried egg and a few slices of avocado and enjoy. Personally, I like to top mine with a dollop of plain yogurt and a few slices of jalapeno. The fresh jalapeno really adds some heat! You can eat these fritters morning, noon, and night and they are so good you might do just that! So let’s get started,
What You’ll Need – Makes 8 Fritters
2 Cups shredded potato
1 Cup sweet corn kernels
¼ Large onion
1/8 of a large cabbage
1 Leaf of Kale
2 Tablespoon of AP Flour
Salt and Pepper
- Grab a medium sized mixing bowl from your pantry. Add in 2 cups of shredded potatoes, I used store bought but you can grate your own. If you do, be sure to drain out all of the liquid from the potatoes with a cheese cloth.
- Next, add in 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Them you are going to thinly slice your onion (almost translucent) and julienne your cabbage. Add everything into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs and pour them on top of the veggie mixture.
- Next, you’re going to want to sift 2 Tablespoons of flour into the veggie, egg mixture. Gently fold all of the ingredients together.
- Grab a medium sized saute pan and coat with oil.
- You are going to want your oil to be hot before adding in the fritters.
- Grab a small handful of the fritter mixture and form small nests in your pan. You should fit about four at a time.
- Lightly fry them on medium-high heat for about 4 -5 minutes per side or until both sides are evenly brown and crispy.
- Top with your favorite toppings. I use a dollop of plain yogurt and jalapenos but you can use avocado slices, lemon, chives, etc…
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.