Hosting brunch this weekend? Then you’ll need to add this Healthyish Lemon Breakfast Cake recipe to your menu!
Not only do our Healthyish mini cakes make the cutest place settings, but they are such a sweet way to invite your guests to take seat at your next gathering.
Not to mention, your home will smell like fresh baked lemon and blueberries which is sure to awaken everyone’s taste buds.
What better way to set expectations when people walk through the door than with the smell of homemade, organic mini desserts? And let’s face it, no brunch menu is complete without a good lemon breakfast cake on the table.
In the event that your guests overindulge on your Healthyish Quiche, then these breakfast cakes are the perfect party favor.
I recommend keeping them in the baking cup until you are ready to enjoy them. This will help lock in the moisture, freshness and that great lemon aroma!
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serves 4
1 Individual Sized Healthyish Baking Kit
4 Tablespoons of unsalted, lightly melted butter
8 Tablespoons of 2% milk
4 paper baking cups
1 Lemon (for zest)
Grab your individual sized Healthyish Baking Kit. Be sure to customize it with the following,
4 Organic Tangy Lemon Cake Mixes
4 Organic Vanilla Bean Frostings
4 Organic Raw Coconut or Sliced Almond toppings
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Combine your lightly melted, unsalted butter, milk, and 4 organic cake mix pouches.
- Gently whisk the cake batter.
- Add about 20 blueberries to the mixing bowl. Be sure to gently fold the blueberries into your cake batter. Do not add too many berries or the cakes will overflow in the oven.
- Grab 4 unbleached, biodegradable paper baking cups from your Healthyish baking kit.
- Spray them with baking spray.
- Evenly distribute the cake batter among the 4 paper baking cups.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
- Remove your organic mini cakes from the oven, once they are fully baked.
- Allow them to cool for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Once they have cooled off, lightly frost your mini cakes with the vanilla bean frosting.
*** If your frosting is firm or cold, pop it in the microwave for 5 seconds. This will help it spread more easily. ***
- Top your Healthyish Breakfast Cakes with the zest of one lemon, raw coconut, sliced almonds, or more blueberries! No matter what you finish them with they will taste and look amazing!
PRO TIP: Lightly toast your raw coconut or sliced almonds in a pan to give the cakes added flavor and aroma!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.